Values are the ‘DNA’ of a church. The values we have define our identity, what we stand for and how we aim to impact the South-west of England.
I have come that you may have life
and life to the full
At Engage Southwest living well means:
- Living with Jesus as the motivation behind everything we do.
- Living to see people of all ages know and have a personal relationship with Jesus.
- Living well in our communities, with family, friends, neighbours and acquantainces.
- Living well through united leadership and by submitting to Godly authority.
- Living knowing our future is greater than our past.
- Living expectant that God will move by his spirit in Plymouth, Devon and the South West of England.
Love God, Love people
At Engage Southwest we aim to be a church where all, whatever their background, will be welcomed, loved and cared for. Loving much means:
- Loving God and loving the people around us.
- Loving worship (incl. prayer, tithing, giving).
- Loving the bible.
- Loving looking after, providing for and helping with the needs of our church family, community and country.
- Loving our enemies.
A cheerful heart is a good medicine
At Engage Southwest we believe that church should be fun and that there should be laughter in church. Laughing often means:
- Enjoying good fun times with our church family and friends.
- Reminding each other not to take things too seriously all the time and to enjoy the life that God has given us.